I think that my boys are trying to pay homage to their ancestor-in-spirit with this interpretive-sleep pose. Humans do it with dance, so cats can do it with sleep, right? Or at least, when I saw them, I thought of cinnamon rolls, and then I thought of Cinnamon and how much he was loved.

This really shows how much bigger Marcello is getting than Etienne. He was the stongest and biggest-framed of the two when we brought them home, but it has become more obvious in recent months. We keep telling him he is getting fat, but I don't want to give him a body-image complex.
3 comments:
He's not fat - he's just big boned!
I love the image of cinnamon rolls with these caramelly cats! Thanks for telling me which is which. I can never tell in the pictures. How about their faces? Longer whiskers? Pink chin? Any hint will help!
MDelk
Marcello: white diagonal "slash" in fur above his nose; back socks are uneven (one is higher than other); brighter green collar.
Etienne: small faint white diamond-shaped spot above nose, but very symmetrical, not a slash; back socks are even (both the same height); sage green collar.
When we first brought them home, we had to look at their collars to tell them apart. Some time later, I could tell by looking for the slash or no slash above the nose if they were facing me, or by looking at their socks if they were turned around. Of course, now it's easy. And not just because Marcello is filling-out.
Post a Comment